Please print this for your own records; you will not receive an email. It is important that you arrive early, as class starts on time. After 15 minutes, you are considered a no-show. You will not be allowed to enter the class. Please see our no-show policy below.
Purchasing your course is not the same thing as registering. You must register in order to receive your certification card. You must show the instructor your receipt of purchase . Not doing so means that you will not be allowed to enter the class. You will not receive a refund and you cannot reschedule (because you have taken a spot that someone else could have taken). You will have to purchase another course.
A refund may be issued by the discretion of AHE or by request of the customer. All refunds are issued minus the credit/debit card processing fee; not to exceed $5.00. Refunds are issued/not issued based on the policy written above and below. Please make sure that you read the entire policy to determine if you are entitled a refund.
If you register for a class that you did not pay for; you will be given 24 hours to register for the class that you did pay for. If you do not register for the class that you paid for within 24 hours, you will automatically be placed in the next available class for the training that you paid for. At this point the cancellation policy, listed below, will apply.
If you failed to register for a course (The website makes it very clear that you will be re-routed to the registration page). You will have 24 hours from the time that you purchased your BLS training to do so,. If you do not register for a class then you will automatically be placed in the next upcoming class/training. At this point the cancellation policy, listed below, will apply.
If you show up to a class that you did not register for (purchasing is not the same as registering), you will not be allowed to enter the class/training. You will not receive or be entitled to a refund. Instructions are made clear on the website; you are responsible for reading and following them. If you did not register you may go to this link to do so.
Note: This only applies if you paid for a blended learning/skills check course, but you registered for a full course. If you paid for and registered for the correct course date and time, then this section does not apply.
If you paid for a Blended Learning Course, you must register for a Blended Learning/Skill Check. You must call 443-218-8181, to schedule a date and time. If you registered for a full class date, then the following will apply:
1. You may contact Jaison Smallwood at email@example.com and request to be changed to the correct date. Please list what date and time to change you to. Skills checks are done Monday - Friday; 5:00 pm - 9:00 pm. YOU MUST SEND AN EMAIL. DO NOT CALL.
2. If you do not contact Jaison Smallwood within 24 hours, then you will be expected to attend the next scheduled full class or the full class that you registered for. A refund of the difference will be given. If you do not attend the class, then you will be considered a “no show” and you will not receive any refund.
- You must cancel your class at least 48 hours in advance, in order to receive a refund; minus any credit card charges.
- You may reschedule your class up to 24 hours before the start of the class by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org Please do not call; you must send an email. Note; you will only be allowed to do this once. After that, you would have to pay for and register for another class.
- All participants will be allowed a grace period of 15 minutes, after which you are then considered a No Show (please see our no-show policy). You will not be allowed to enter into any class after 15 minutes.
- Please keep in mind that this 15 minute grace period does not mean that you are somewhere in or near the building. It means that you are in your seat within that time frame. It is not our staffs responsibility to figure out where you are. If you are not in your seat within the time frame allotted then you are not present and will be considered a NO SHOW.
If you do not come to the class at all; then you will not receive any refund and you will not be allowed to reschedule the class. You will have to pay for and schedule another class.OTHER:
o If you are looking to get certified for adult CPR under CPR/AED, BLS, ACLS, PACLS; you must be able to successfully perform the necessary skills. This includes pushing to the proper depth and being able to get on your knees and perform chest compressions. If you are unable to do this then the instructor cannot certify you saying that you can. Other certification options may be presented to you. No refunds will be given.
o If you registered for and AHA course card, but you need to obtain the ARC course card or vice versa. You may make that change up to 24 hours in advance. Otherwise, you will receive the course card that you paid for. You may make the change by sending an email to jcsmallwood@alliedhealthedu. org . PLEASE SEND AN EMAIL; DO NOT CALL,
Distribution of CPR Cards:
We do not use paper CPR cards. All CPR cards are electronic. Once you have successfully completed the class then the paperwork must be processed for the cards to be issued. Because our classes are done in the evening or on the weekends and our business office is not open during those times, the following will apply:
- If you took a Saturday class then your paperwork will be processed the following Monday (or the next business day if Monday falls on a holiday). Your card will be sent to the email that you registered with by 7:00 PM
- If you took a weekday class then your paperwork will be processed the following business day. Your card will be sent to the email that you registered with by 7:00 PM.
- Your email will come directly from the American Heart Association; American Red Cross or the American Safety and Health Institute; depending on which class you paid and registered for. Please check your spam folder if you do not see your email. If you still don't see it then send an email to email@example.com and you will be helped on the same day. Emails sent after 5:00 PM will be answered the next business day.
- Your Basic Life Support Card will read as follows:
What is a BLS Training Course? ( What Is the Basic Life Support (BLS) Certification? | The Response Institute | CPR Consultants )
In order to keep your price low, the workbook is not supplied to you. Although it's not a requirement that you have one; If you must have a workbook, we can provide one for you at the cost of $15.00 per book.
Please call (443)218-8181 at least 1 week before the class. You may also order your own online.
What to Wear:
Please wear loose, comfortable clothing. You will be practicing skills that require kneeling, bending, standing, and lifting. If you have any physical conditions that might prevent these activities, please tell one of the instructors. The instructor may be able to adjust the equipment to accommodate you. Also, please tell your instructor if you are allergic to latex.
Allied Health Educators